Sending our condolences to Aurora, Colorado and Oak Creek, Wisconsin

In just two weeks, communities in both Aurora, Colorado and Oak Creek, Wisconsin lost family members and friends in senseless acts of violence. In the aftermath of tragic events such as these, it is often helpful to receive words of encouragement and support from individuals who share the experience of suffering a personal loss. Please feel free to post your thoughts or messages to the families affected by these two events.

This entry was posted in General. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Sending our condolences to Aurora, Colorado and Oak Creek, Wisconsin

1. Alison says:

My heart goes out to the families and friends of the victims in both communities. Stay strong and know that our thoughts are with you during this difficult time.

2. Ana says:

My thoughts and prayers go out to both these communities during this difficult time. I hope they find the strength and support they need to help them through this tragedy.

3. Madeline says:

My heart goes out to all the victims of both tragedies. It’s so unfortunate that people were doing such simple things as watching a movie or praying when they were attacked so violently.

4. Peter says:

I know all our thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and their families. The events in Aurora are a tragedy. The loved ones of the victims deserve our national support.

5. Jessica says:

These recent events leave me full of sadness. Your families are in my prayers daily, and I hope that these tough times will see a light soon. It’s very unsettling how these things can happen with a blink of an eye, but it is reality. The people who died have died in heroism for their country. Everyone who has experienced loss will understand how unbearable these acts of violence truly are. I pray for you and your families, and that the difficult days ahead will eventually come to a close.

6. Juliana says:

While most of us grow up thinking our country as a safe and protected place to live, it is events such as these that remind us that no one is exempt from senseless acts of violence. It is unfortunate that it takes such reminders for people to mobilize against these issues – gun control, hate crimes, discrimination, terrorism – and that innocent lives are lost at the expense of a select few or a single individual. It is frustrating to see that while family members and loved ones suffer their losses, the rest of the world reacts with an apologetic and passionate response that seems to work towards reform and recovery to help prevent another violent act in the future. Yet sometimes, these reforms never taken shape and points of recovery are never reached. My only hope is that after these domestic instances that surrounding issues, those previously mentioned as well as others, begin to take precedence in our nation’s political and societal debates. Waiting to take action will only cost us more lives and more unnecessary grief for our own country’s citizens and also the rest of the world. In hearing about the instances in Colorado and Wisconsin, and as they occurred within such proximity of one another, my attention circles around the realities of such violence and how anyone could have been a victim.

To the families currently suffering, I wish you the greatest of strength during this time. Though we can grieve as a nation, we only catch a glimpse of the sadness and despair you are now experiencing every day. I sincerely hope that you are reminded of all the support sent your way – directly or spiritually – just as often.

• John DaRosa says:

My Prayers go out to all those lost and their families and friends due this evil act by someone who is out of touch with human life.

7. Gran Kestenbaum says:

Aurora, Colorado; Oak Creek, Wisconsin:

To those who have lost loved ones,

I have been sitting here for some time. I am helpless to find something comforting to say. Sudden, selfish, unjustifiable acts of senseless violence….should never touch anyone…should never have touched you. Your loved ones should be here. This is not fair. This is not right.

I am thinking of you. I am so sorry. I am truly so very sorry for your loss.